Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Little gymnast

And this is why I can never take my eye off Madison!!!  Yesterday I was in the kitchen cooking dinner and Madison was happily playing in the living room.  I happened to glance up from my cooking only to discover that she was draped backwards and upside down off the couch with her head touching the pillows on the floor... just about to flip over.  First off, I love that she was smart enough to put pillows on the floor where she knew her head was going to land, and secondly, I don't ever want to discourage her from exploring a movement like a back flip...BUT...I definitely want her to be in the presence of parents (as in...sitting beside her, just in case) when she's trying something new!!!  Her little arms barely made it over her head, and I'm sure they're not strong enough yet to hold up her body weight.
(ps. watch the rock climbing "smear" move she does to get up onto the couch).

Today Madison discovered that she can do a flip by climbing on Grant...who needs the assistant of a couch!!!!



3 comments:

  1. The video doesn't work. Tell Madison I want to see her as the crazy little tumbler. Sending you smiles, J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an awesome video! Man, I wish we lived closer. J.

    ReplyDelete