Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

I think it's been a while since I last blogged...work and kids are keeping me busy these days. In sept,  Grant and I went to Montreal to go to my grandfathers funeral. My mum came and looked after the kids for a few days so that we could both go.  It was the first trip in over 2 years that we had time to get away together.  We spent 2 days walking though the streets of old Montreal, and hanging out with cousins..some that I haven't seen for years.  It was sooo nice to reconnect with my cousins and my dad's side of the family. The funeral was nice...Grandad was 95 when he passed.  He lived a good long life.  I am amazed when I think of the changes that he saw in his life time...he was born in 1917.

Grant and I in downtown Montreal


Most of my cousins on my dad's side and some of their kids



This past weekend was thanksgiving.  Grant and I made dinner for everyone.  It was the first time that I can remember that all my siblings were over without my parents.  We have lots to be thankful for....family, friends, 2 amazing kids...a great full life.

The weather here has taken a turn away from summer and into fall/winter....and Madison loves all of it.






No comments:

Post a Comment