Thursday, November 25, 2010

Selective hearing

Grant works from home...so if I have to run out for something during the day, I can leave Madison at home if I have to.  Obviously Grant needs to work, so I can only really leave if Madison is sleeping...somehow though, she seems to know that I want to leave the house.  I'll put her down...wait until she's sound asleep...take the baby monitor down to Grant and leave.....seems that I only make it to the car door before Grant is waving at me to come back into the house.... she's awake! Damn!  Back into the house I go, and errands wait for another day.  But yesterday, Madison was sleeping, Grant was cooking something in the oven and smoke started coming out (OK, maybe I should clean the oven more often)...making the smoke alarm ring, for what seemed like, forever.  SHE DIDN'T EVEN STIR!!!!!!!  Seriously, how does the smoke alarm going off not wake her up, but me leaving the house wakes her????  Selective hearing!  Something I'm sure she's picked up from the dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment